Thursday, August 20, 2015

Fuck You, Tina Marie Ernspiker

It actually killed a few of my brain cells to even have read your post, Ms. Ernspiker, but after seeing so much reaction to it, I simply felt there was no way I could NOT weigh in.

I may not be a big, fancy, schmancy blogger like yourself, and truthfully, I only started blogging, mostly on Facebook, a little over two years ago. But what I have to say has value, even if it is buried in profanity.

There may be only a comparitively few people who check in to read my thoughts, but among them are a good number of folks who are helped by the things I share. I have written a great deal about the struggles through which I accompany my son on his autism journey. I have written about just trying to keep breathing in a hateful, broken marriage, and I write about the hardship of divorce. All of those situations can be pretty FUCKworthy. More importantly, everything I write about is real. Truthful. Genuine. Authentic. And I don't feel the need to sugar coat or gloss over the fuckity fucks because a tightass, pompous, holier-than-thou douchewad expresses a belief that my choice of colorful language  may indicate I am somehow less intelligent than she is. Does my language portray me as a neanderthal? Considering the positive changes I help bring to so many, anyone who might choose to believe me to be somehow intellectually beneath themselves, strictly based on my very sailor-like potty mouth would actually be making more of a statement about his or her own narrow mind.

I make a very conscious effort to keep from passing judgment on others. I slip. I'm human. But I would never presume to turn my nose up at anyone, simply because they DON'T swear. I don't roll my eyes and declare them to be uptight, goody-goodies. And yet, you feel you are somehow above me, and in a position to assume, and then post the judgment, that by using vocabulary you, yourself are uncomfortable with, I am trying to bait my readers with sensational language. Perhaps if you would pull that giant pole out from up your ass, you could stop squinting long enough to see that there are lots of intelligent words between all the bastards and cocksuckas.

I have family and dear friends who are ministers and devoted, churchgoing people. When I am in their presence, or in personal conversations with them, I show the utmost respect to their views, and curb my vocabulary. But on my blog, on my Facebook page, it's my chapel. I'm free to express myself as my thoughts and feelings pour out of my head and my soul. Do you know why I write it exactly as I feel it? Because it's real. It's human. People want to relate to experiences that are real. They don't want to read something that is heavily coated in whatever you deem to be PROPER, so they can feel like they are somehow not good enough, or that they are failing because they can't hold it together quite as well as you seem to be.

There are so many aspects of my life that would have made a lesser person break a long time ago. But I talk about it all. I write about it as a way of relieving myself of some of the weight of all the stress. I also write for other people who are just trying to keep breathing, and just need to know that on the days they feel like they a failing at life, there are other people who are not getting it all right either. And most of the time, my honest expression comes out in the very colorful sound of the streets of Brooklyn. Because I'm from the streets of Brooklyn. Glorious, badass, holier-than-thou-tightasses-would-never-survive Brooklyn.

Before I drop my mic on your snobby ass, I would just like to respond to a few of your points:

Yes, you ARE being self righteous.
If you're going to compare writers who swear, to a presumably suicidal rodent, you should do the research and realize it is a fallicy, and really just an adorable little creature. So thank you:)
Just because you are able to express yourself without swearing, doesn't make you better than anyone, and doesn't make anyone want to be LIKE you.
Yes, I CAN write honestly without swearing. But I prefer to write exactly as I speak, as if we were all sitting around the coffee table, freely and comfortably. No worries. No judgment.
I don't give a fat, flying rat's ass if you ever visit my blog. Nobody will miss you.
And I'm just going to keep my own blog rated F, for...well, you know.

12 comments:

  1. I think I love you even more now!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I simply will never understand the need to put others down for any reason. Why can't she not simply write how she wants to and respect everyone else for doing the same. It isn't a competition, there will be no best blogger prize no award for she who cursed the least. The true prize in blogging is finding those who get it. Who adore you and agree with you, finding your tribe and happiness. If she gets her panties in a bunch because you curse the are buttons to help her live in her tiny bubble. I bet she doesn't like tats either..

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Exactly! If she chooses to NOT visit blogs with swearing, there was no need to bash those who do. She probably brought a lot of traffic to her own blog with this post, but not for the quality of her writing. Just sad.

      Delete
  3. Fuck her,fuck her couch and fuck her superiority complex. Yes I coined that one "superiority complex". Pretty good for a sailor mouth.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have no idea who in the fuck you are, but I'm in love.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much, but you should know, I'm not this picture of fucking delight before coffee:)

      Delete
  5. I couldn't even finish her "blog". I fell asleep....
    But yours is Fucking spot on!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I read her whole uptight rant in the voice of the Dan Aykroyd impersonation of Julia Child. Although, I'm sure even the late Ms. Child may have let a few fucks fly after nipping at the cooking wine!

      Delete
  6. You fucking Rock Sista πŸ’œπŸ’œπŸ’œπŸ’œ

    ReplyDelete