Saturday, April 11, 2015

Love In Ten Lines

The Rules:
Write about love using only 10 lines.
Use the word love in every line.
Each line can only be four words long.
Nominate others who are up for the challenge.
Let them know about the challenge.
Title the post: Love in Ten Lines
Include a quote about love (can be your own)
You may write in any language.
I have sought love

I have found love

Love has lifted me

Love has carried me

Love has broken me

I have lost love

I have rediscovered love

Love has restored me

Love has healed me

Love gives me hope

I won't nominate anyone. I don't know that my own peotry carries any merit, 
but I do know it comes from feeling. I hope whoever feels a poem about love
will do us all the courtesy of sharing. The world needs more of that.

There was a time when I would have told you, my favorite quote about love
was an Al Pacino line from The Devil's Advocate:
"Love...biochemically no different than eating large quantities of chocolate."
After allowing my heart to be healed, by my children and myself, 
I prefer to sing my favorite quote.
"Only love can break a heart. Only love can mend it again" ~Hal David

2 comments:

  1. I absolutely loved this so much!!!! Beautiful words spun into beautiful poetry. 💞

    ReplyDelete